Re: problems with learning lilypond

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: problems with learning lilypond
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 20:40:57 +0200

On 12.08.2009, at 19:33, Mark Polesky wrote:

James E. Bailey wrote:
Personally, I think this is an area where knowing too much gets in the
way. I, for example, have no clue about Scheme. Scheme is, as far as
I'm concerned, what other people do to save typing. In fact, I'm of
the opinion that there's no need to use Scheme, it's just there if you
know how to use it. So, if you take Scheme out of the lilypond
learning curve, it's actually not that difficult.

Maybe it depends on your typesetting needs. Most of
my projects require scheme in one way or another.

- Mark

Really? What can't you do without Scheme?

James E. Bailey