orchestra/opera example

From: Graham Percival
Subject: orchestra/opera example
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 14:36:09 +0100

Ok, we have three contenders.

1)  Original version, from Jonathan:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=blob;f=texinfo/images/orchestral-small.png;h=dc750e599326625f9853c602f970c9e5deffe1cf;hb=refs/heads/web-gop

2)  Berlioz overture:

3)  Something from Valentin's Opera:
** no clue what this looks like... oh wait, the score is online, isn't it?
http://valentin.villenave.info/opera/Z-files/big_stuff.pdf

... ok, never mind.  My vote definitely goes for the opera.  Something
like page 18.  That has plenty of "wow" factor, although maybe
Valentin can suggest a later section with even more stuff.  Hmm...
maybe bars 19-21 (inclusive) of Act I?  It would be nice if there were
more percussion, and perhaps even interlocking vocal parts.  Valentin,
any suggestions?  I shouldn't spend the time to flip through your
entire score; there's too many issues with the build system that need
my attention.

Cheers,
- Graham