Re: simple editor for windows

From: James Lowe
Subject: Re: simple editor for windows
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 12:10:51 +0000

Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
I guess your Notepad problem is due to Unix line endings. AFAIK
Notepad still can't cope with UTF-8 (and you'll need that encoding for
umlauts etc.)

As far as I can tell wordpad does support UTF-8, at least in Vista and Win7.

(I write my LilyPond files in Smultron on OSX.)

I use texteditor for OSX, just convert to plain text first and save with a .ly extension.

James