Re: simple editor for windows

From: bhaaluu
Subject: Re: simple editor for windows
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 20:13:47 -0500

Dear Stefan,

Familiarity is the keyword when it comes to text editors.
They shouldn't have to climb a steep learning curve for a text editor
in addition to learning all the nuances for lilypond.
Encourage them to use the text editor that they are familiar with.
After all, 'simple' means a plain text editor.
I use 'vi' because it is so familiar that I have muscle-memory for it.
I used it on DOS machines.
Encourage them to use the text editor that they are familiar with.
That way, they can focus on Lilypond, not the text editor.
--
b h a a l u u at g m a i l dot c o m
Gnu/Linux IS user-friendly.