Re: Version renaming on XP SP3 somehow incompatible

From: Robin Bannister
Subject: Re: Version renaming on XP SP3 somehow incompatible
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 00:56:05 +0100

Patrick McCarty wrote:
The cache is located in $HOME/.lilypond-fonts.cache-2 (or the equivalent on Windows)

Well, I didn't understand what "the equivalent" was referring to, but this got me doing the same searches again, and some more, and even more. And then I found the cache in an unrelated path in an unrelated partition. See hindsight.txt for an explanation. I suppose lily prefers HOME and only uses %USERPROFILE% if HOME is undefined. I can now delete the cache and experiment:
delete cache; run 2.12.1 (ok); run 2.12.3 (ok); run 2.12.1 (ok) delete cache; run 2.12.3 (ok); run 2.12.1 (nok); run 2.12.3 (ok)

So I am back in business, with regression stuff maybe needing an initial
  RD /S /Q "%USERPROFILE%\.lilypond-fonts.cache-2"

Cheers,
Robin