Re: Adding Rehearsal Marks, v2.12.2

From: mike99
Subject: Re: Adding Rehearsal Marks, v2.12.2
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 13:37:13 -0800 (PST)

rasAK wrote:

> Apologies...I'm sure this is addressed somewhere (but I did search the
> documentation and this forum!).
>
> How do I add rehearsal letters to an existing score without going through
> and adding a "\mark" for every letter in every part?
>
> Thanks so much!
>
> Randy
> --

I don't find your question very clear. If you mean something like, "I'd like
to add the letter H as a rehearsal mark without having listed all of the
previous letters," then the answer is in the Notation Reference, sec. 1.2.5.
Plenty of other of examples in that section.

\relative c' {
  c1 \mark #8
  c1 \mark \default
}

Since you've read the manual this isn't likely to be the answer you're
looking for; then maybe you can clarify.