Re: lilypond tool and MidiInput

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: lilypond tool and MidiInput
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 00:48:48 +0000

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 12:37 AM, Peter Chubb
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Trevor> Peter's original announcement, with articulate.ly and some
> Trevor> instructions for its use is at
> Trevor> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2008-08/msg00108.html

Yes, so it would be nice if somebody could send a "small documentation
suggestion" according to...

huh.  lilypond.org seems to be down at the moment, so I'll just
describe it: on the new webpage, click on Community, then Development,
then "documentation suggestions".

> As add-on scheme/lilypond code it doesn't really quite fit into the
> current LilyPond codebase anywhere that's obvious.  Any chance of
> adding a `contrib' directory so things like this could be distributed
> with LilyPond?

This has been planned for literally over 2 years.  But it keeps on
getting bumped because I need to put out fires elsewhere.  Maybe we'll
finally get some volunteer(s) for this during GOP.

> Or if not that, then a `loosely related work' section
> to the webpage?

That's the whole point of the doc link I gave earlier: a collection of
"loosely related work", like your articulate.ly, Reinhold's orchestra
stuff, anything useful from Valentin's opera, Nicolas' amazing scheme
stuff, etc.

At the moment it might not look very visible since it's inside the
Usage manual, but Usage is much more important in the 2.14 docs, so it
should get a fair number of readers.

Cheers,
- Graham