markup ?

From: Michael Dykes
Subject: markup ?
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 03:31:13 -0400

With the following file, I want to begin adding text expressions above the music. While I understand the basics, I am faltering on how to get the expressions exactly how I want them. E.g. I want the following phrase: ^\markup{\italic
    ''Blessed is the Kingdom ... ''} to be aligned above the 1st measure of music, but evenly space, not shifting the music or notes any at all. How, can I accomplish this?

Thanks,

--
In Christ,
Michael D