Re: Vertical Spacing

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Vertical Spacing
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 01:48:45 +0100

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 02:42:16AM +0200, Francisco Vila wrote:
> I agree with you, there are no ready-to-use examples where they
> should. The notation manual is written in a reference style (not
> tutorial-style) and the tutorial does not cover these complexities.
> So we still have to find an intermediate place for things like these.

Nonsense, reference vs. tutorial doesn't apply here.  All we need
is somebody to follow the instructions on:
    http://lilypond.org/website/help-us.html
because I have no clue how to use the new vertical spacing, and I
guarantee that the doc editors (who know even less than me) have
even less of a clue.  In fact, I wouldn't bet $10 that they even
*know* that there's a new vertical spacing algorithm.
(and they're still struggling to keep up with the amount of work;
I'm not in the slightest suggesting that they're not working hard)

Cheers,
- Graham