Re: Expressive Notation Package (ENP)

From: Joseph Wakeling
Subject: Re: Expressive Notation Package (ENP)
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 19:11:22 +0200

Bernardo Barros wrote:
> I wonder why not just work with Lilypond, or even modify Lilypond if
> necessary to atend contemporary notation. It's easier to humans to
> understad and it's already working ok :-) Maybe it has to do with the
> render time????

The 'Sibelius Academy' mention is probably the clue there.  I think the
people involved were interested in developing a proprietary commercial
project, which is kind of difficult with a Lilypond derivative.

I think that one can probably do with Lilypond anything that this
package does, it's just that some of it will require more custom scheme
code than other stuff.  I know that there have been some pretty
spectacular things done by some clever members of this list (see the
discussion some weeks back comparing Lilypond with SCORE).