Help with Tweaking of Volta Brackets - without repeat marks

From: James Lowe
Subject: Help with Tweaking of Volta Brackets - without repeat marks
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 22:46:42 +0100

Hello,

This is a simple example of what I have managed to work out from the doc.

--
\relative c' {
  d'4. c8 b a g f
  e,4 e e r \bar "||"
  \set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta #f))
  c'4 c8 c c4 c8 c

This is ok (kind of), but I wondered if anyone could tell me how to improve on it by either:

1. Ending both brackets 'properly' (i.e. so they both start and end with a vertical line on each measure). 2. If not, how to end the last volta so that it isn't just left 'hanging'

I don't want to use repeat marks, which is why I haven't used \repeat volta ... but want the at least the last bracket to terminate properly as that is the end of the music.

Also when I compile this music I get a warning in the logs

--

Parsing...
Interpreting music...

---

etc.

So if I modify the example to

\relative c' {
  d'4. c8 b a g f
  \set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta "1."))
  e4 e' e r \bar "||"
  \set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta #f))
  \set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta "Fine."))
  e,4 e e r \bar "||"
  \set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta #f))
  c'4 c8 c c4 c8 c
}

with the extra termination before the start of the new bracket I get exactly the same output and warning.

Thank you for your time.

James