Re: absolute x-positioning of objects?

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: Re: absolute x-positioning of objects?
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 19:26:50 +0200

Op dinsdag 25 mei 2010 schreef Richie:

> Wilbert Berendsen <lilykde <at> xs4all.nl> writes:
> >
> > is there a possibility to manually specify the X-position of objects
> > like  rests or bar lines?
> >
> > For example I'm setting single-voice Genevan psalm tunes which have a
> > half  rest at the end of each line. I want the rest close to the end of
> > the line, positioned independently of the notes in the line.
> >
> > I use ragged-right = ##t and a fixed width of the StaffSymbol. (Also I'd
> > like  to draw the final bar line at the end of the last staff.)
>
> Yes! LilyPondTool can do that, in ruler mode.
> Let me clarify;
> You have to download jEdit, then install it, then get the lilypond tool
> plugin under "plugin Options". Then open your .ly, click "run lilypond",
> wait for it, then when it's done open the Lilypond PDF Preview. Switch to
> ruler mode and move the object around, then copy the code it gives you
> into the .ly file where you want it :)

Yes, but this will give me some #'extra-offset override code to move the
object I guess.

What I'm looking for is a way to put e.g. a final bar line just at the end of
a fixed-width staff, without manual intervention, while the notes in the staff
are rendered using ragged-right.

thanks and best regards,
Wilbert Berendsen

--