XML2LY Bug

From: Joshua Armenta
Subject: XML2LY Bug
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 17:07:16 -0500

Hello,

I just wanted to let people know of a bug in XML2LY and the workaround I found.

Compound meters such as 7/8 and 5/4 are interpreted incorrectly by XML2LY if the measures contain ghost rests. The program will output something like this:

\time 5/4
R1... |
\time 4/4

leading to layout errors when the file is compiled.

The workaround I found is doing a search all and replace to something that would correctly equal five beats. For example, I replaced the above in a LY file with the following

R4 R1

This still gives the necessary ghost rest effects while fixing the columnar layout problem.

Hope this helps,

Josh Armenta
--
Слава Ісусу Христу! Слава на Віки!