Re: orchestrallily: Can't get it to work

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: orchestrallily: Can't get it to work
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 20:17:28 +0200

Am Sonntag, 20. Juni 2010, um 10:45:32 schrieb alex stone:
> Here's an example of me trying to use the app. I assume from my
> limited knowledge that i should run "python generate_oly_score.py" to
> begin the process.

Ah, no. The generate_oly_score.py is just to start the project once (since all
the files for the full score, each instrumental part, etc. have exactly the
same structure with only some different strings). You put all information
about the work into a text file (like the example shown in the
paper/presentation) and run generate_oly_score.py on that.

This creates the whole skeleton for the score with all the files needed. You
then can either run make to create all output files, or simply run lilypond
individually on each of the *.ly files (each of which creates one score, being
it a full/vocal score or an individual instrumental part).

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886