Re: List-email Suggestion

From: David Rogers
Subject: Re: List-email Suggestion
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 19:10:59 -0700

* Graham Percival <address@hidden> [2010-09-06 11:33]:

We're not going to change anything, and I don't know why people keep
on talking about changing the mailing list.

They do it because the vast majority of mailing lists to which they
subscribe follow what have become the de facto accepted mailing list
standards; those have become the de facto standards because they work
better than the published standards, for most people most of the time. I
would venture to guess that they perceive the attitude of this list's
administrators as resembling that of the mythical Japanese soldiers who
were said to be found bravely fighting on after the war was over.

I really only see two requests for change, which pop up again and again;
those are of course the two recently discussed - making the list the
default reply-to address, and prefixing the subject line.

--
David