Re: alpha test, spacing ajusments

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: alpha test, spacing ajusments
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 17:25:47 +1100

On 29/10/10 06:27, Keith E OHara wrote:
On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 09:01:26 -0700, Nick wrote:

Actually, the vertical layout problem I reported a few weeks ago
(http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1252) still exists
with 2.13.37.

Nick,
 Since it seems you actually let LilyPond choose page breaks for you,
do you have any ideas for how to set defaults so that issue 1252
appears as rarely as a sunny day in Glasgow ?   (I gave up on
page-breaking-system-system-spacing because it seems to affect the
page breaker in the same ineffective way as system-system-spacing.)

Actually, the score I'm working on at the moment gets the "couldn't fit music on page: overflow is x.y" warnings in the log without any spacing overrides, and I can (presently) get rid of them by adding

system-system-spacing = #'((space . 0) (padding . 0) (stretchability . 4) (minimum-distance . 0))

to the \paper block. However, I don't like the resulting look of the output, as the space between the bottom stave on each page and the foot of the page varies too much for my taste.

Nick