Re: ChordName Font [was: lilypond cameo]

From: Jan Warchoł
Subject: Re: ChordName Font [was: lilypond cameo]
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 08:38:49 +0100

2010/12/14 Valentin Villenave <address@hidden>:

> BTW: A French guy has made a special font for jazz-like chord names:
> http://sites.google.com/site/jpgzic
>
> Thought I'd share it with you guys :)

Thanks, it's really jazzy and looks like an interesting alternative
for default sans :)

2010/12/14 Marc Mouries <address@hidden>:
> wow the font is really nice for song books. I also discovered the Gonville
> fonts and it would be great if those fonts be included into lilypond out of
> the box and the selection of font made simpler.

+1
:)

2010/12/14 Marc Hohl <address@hidden>:
> Does it make sense to include external fonts into lilypond?

I think they will make LilyPond more versatile and better suited for
average users. Surely anyone can istall them himself, but things that
work out-of-the-box are much more convenient, especially for the
average user (average users don't want to mess with the internals too
much, in fact i'm scared by them myself).
It's all about user-friendliness i think.

cheers,
Janek