Re: ways of using Lilypond?

From: Michael Ellis
Subject: Re: ways of using Lilypond?
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 14:24:19 -0500

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 6:29 AM, Jan-Peter Voigt <address@hidden> wrote:
Yes, Frescobaldi is a great tool! Also for advanced users!
It made me change my main working system from Mac to Ubuntu.
On my netbook, I sometimes use vim.

My wishlist this christmas would be ;-)
Frescobaldi or something comparable on Mac
+1 (Even though I have VMWare Fusion and Ubuntu)

Also,  ly2musicxml, even though it's difficult to do (and perhaps impossible to do completely).  I sometimes collaborate with a wonderful composer/arranger who uses Finale.  She can send MusicXML to me that I can convert to LilyPond, but it doesn't work in the other direction.