RE: Time signature change within bars

From: Ed Ardzinski
Subject: RE: Time signature change within bars
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 14:07:31 +0000

Despite being in the stone age wrt to LP versions, I think "apologizing"is not necessary.  It takes some effort to apply new ideas, and it's a testiment to tenacity that you looked over the snippet and found that you were making a mistake.  Kudos to you!

Kudos to Eluze for figuring out such a work-around.  I can't be sure if it was ever encountered before, but the speed that it was presented was incredible.  As is LP, and this group.

Heck, I've been a musician 40 of my 45 years, and can't even understand what an in-bar time signature change really means.  That LP can handle it is amazing, similar to an instance some years ago about unusual time signatures like 5/9, and how LP can handle that type of rhythmic oddity right out the box.

The folks who give up on this program are obviously not cut out for it.  It is clear they are just not trying hard enough to break through the first stages of the learning curve.  Apparently there is no real end to the learning curve.  Maybe that spooks some people; if that's the case, too bad.  Their loss!

And despite still using the 2.6 series, I still find useful discussion here, even if sometimes it's on a more philosphic level.  Thanks all!