Re: Error in running Lilypond

From: Father Gordon Gilbert
Subject: Re: Error in running Lilypond
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 18:05:28 -0500

On 13/02/2011, Michael Ellis <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Father,
>
> It certainly looks like a path problem or maybe two problems.   "/python"
> seems unlikely,  as does  "?usr/".
>
> Try opening up the Jedit Plugins/Plugin Options window and navigate to
> LilyPondTool Commands.   Check the entry for python.   If it says "/python"
> as shown in your error message, try removing the "/".   Also check to see if
> any of the other paths look suspicious.   Hope this helps.
>
> Cheers,
> Mike
>

> On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 8:23 AM, Father Gordon Gilbert <address@hidden
>> wrote:
>
>> Hi List,
>>
>> I just finally installed Lilypond and jEdit with LilyPondTool on my PC-BSD
>> box, and I'm having a bit of trouble.
>>
>> I downloaded a piece from Mutopia, and when I tried to convert-ly, got the
>> following message:
>>
>> Error running external command.
>> See the activity log about the problem.
>> Cannot run probram"/python" (in directory
>> "?usr/home/gord/Documents/songs/LilypondSets"): java.io.IOException:
>> error=2, No such file or directory
>>
>> Same result when I tried to compile the file.
>>
>> It's probably a path thing, but I'm not a geek, so I don't necessarily
>> know
>> how to fix these things.
>>
>> Help?
>>
>> Gordon+
>>

>> --
>> Fr. Gordon Gilbert
>> Penetanguishene, ON

Hi Michael,

You're a genius!  Thankyouthankyou!

I now have my computer set up in its native location (on antediluvian
dial-up), and tried compiling a file again.  This time it said
something about /lilypond, so I opened up the plugin dialog, and
inserted /usr/local/bin in the top line, and all worked fine!

BTW, they ?usr/home/ ... was a typo on my part copying the contents of
the dialog into the email (wasn't possible to swipe and paste).

So now I can compile .ly files, but when I tried to convert-ly from
the icons in jEdit LilypondTool, I got the following:

"/usr/home/gord/Documents/songs/LilypondSets/brother_james_air.ly"
/usr/local/bin/python: can't open file '/usr/local/bin/convert-ly.py':
[Errno 2] No such file or directory
Processing time: 0 seconds

Any ideas how to fix that?

Thanks,