Re: making a TextSpanner not re-print the text after a line break

From: Roland Goretzki
Subject: Re: making a TextSpanner not re-print the text after a line break
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 04:06:21 +0100

Hello list,

I have a problem concerning textspanner, and found this E-Mail:

> On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 10:58:13 +0100, Steve Yegge <address@hidden>
> wrote:
> >I've got a text spanners with a relatively long string for its
> >#'bound-details #'left #'text property, and the spanner spans
> >several line breaks.  The result is something like
> >
> >long spanner text ............... \break
> >long spanner text ............... \break
> >long spanner text ......
> >
> >whereas I'd prefer it to be
> >
> >long spanner text ............... \break
> >............... \break
> >
> >I didn't see a way to control this behavior, though.  Did I miss
> >something obvious?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >-steve
>
> use:
>
> \override TextSpanner #'(bound-details left-broken text) = ##f
>
> greetings,
>
> Vicente

This is just half of the solution I'm looking for:
The dashed line after the linebreak should begin together with the first
note in the new line, but it does begin at the big brace, and in my
opinion this does look quite bad.

Can someone help, please, or tell me, where I'm wrong?

A small .ly-file is attached

Best Regards           Roland