Re: \score block as variable/function

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: \score block as variable/function
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 14:15:16 +0100

On 18 March 2011 14:00, -Eluze <address@hidden> wrote:

> i have attached an example with score + layout definitions which you can
> imbed later in markups or scores:
>
> http://old.nabble.com/file/p31180922/test2.ly test2.ly
>
> hope this is what you looked for

My goal is actually _not_ to have to write several
  \score {
    % ...
    \layout {}
  }

stuffs, but instead to define a _function_ (music-function?) that would
be shorter to write and that would take only the notes as argument.

Instead of having to write

  scoreOne = \markup \score {
    c'1
    \layout {}
  }
  scoreTwo = \markup \score {
    d'1
    \layout {}
  }

  \markup \fill-line {
    \scoreOne  \scoreTwo
  }

I'd like to use a music function in order to be able to write

  % writeScore  is the music function I want but I was not able to define

  one = \writeScore { c'1 }
  two = \writeScore { d'1 }

  \markup \fill-line {
    \one \two