Re: New version of articulate available

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: New version of articulate available
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 16:14:21 +0100

On 20 March 2011 15:39, Graham Percival <address@hidden> wrote:

> So what?  I have been pointing out that it would be easy to add
> for 2 years.  And on the more general topic of "useful scheme
> functions it would be nice to include", I've been trying to
> recruit interested workers since 2007.  Nobody's been interested.

I was not here in 2007.

> We are having this discussion because Francisco spent
> approximately 60 minutes working on this.  Apparently you didn't
> care enough about this issue to spend 60 minutes working.  So
> don't snark at everybody else who *also* didn't want to bother
> spending the time on this.

No, I do not really care about this issue.
As I said in the second part of my sentence (that you did not quote in
your reply above), this is a popular request by French users _other than
me_ on the LilyPond French Users mailing list.
I forward requests form French users to the international list, I report
bugs from French to the appropriate place, but I do not solve/fix
everything I am aware of.

The goal of my message above was to thank Francisco to take care of
this, and to express the gratitude of the French community for which
this improvement will be warmly welcome.

My goal was not to "snark" (BTW this verb was not in my English-French
dictionary), nor to wake up the grumpy, unpleasant, abrupt Graham.

Cheers,
Xavier

--
Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>