Re: Dividing ties and adjusting ties in an arpeggiated chord

From: bruys .
Subject: Re: Dividing ties and adjusting ties in an arpeggiated chord
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 12:13:52 +1000

Hello Eluze,

This is quite exciting. You have produced a decent result. Your method
promises the ability to tweak away to get the exact result required
(but see below).

It looks like you have shown that the part of the manual that I quoted
is misleading, it seems that setting control-points will work in this
setting, albeit with a lot of experimentation to find appropriate
parameters. I tried also adjusting one of the other ties with
control-points, and this seemed to work. It's also possible that the
manual is right, as the parameters I need to use don't make much sense
to me, however it is possible to rig up a solution.

The one disappointing aspect is that (with version 2.13), I get a
warning that Lilypond couldn't "find the property type-check for
'dash-definition'". And, if I comment this line out, the result is
basically unchanged. Actually, if I leave this line in, it messes up
the control-points adjustment on the second tie. It would be great if
this did work. Does anyone know if this is a bug?

(By the way, it seems the snippet you pointed me to last time, could
be used to divide the tie in this instance, as there is an accidental
involved. But, that would be a bit of a hack, as this wouldn't
generally be the case.)

Regards,
bruys