Re: More ossia help, please

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: More ossia help, please
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 14:20:10 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Mooney" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>; "Lilypond-User List" <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 10:11 PM
Subject: More ossia help, please

Hi Phil,
The following, from the notation manual, might help...
+++++
Using the \Staff \RemoveEmptyStaves command to create ossia staves may be used as an alternative. This method is most convenient when ossia staves occur immediately following a line break. For more information about \Staff \RemoveEmptyStaves, see [Hiding staves], page 171.

Thanks Bill. In practice, I'm very well aware of the RemoveEmptyStaves command and use it with almost every piece of music I create. However, in this case the music isn't empty, and I use a unique way (from Noteworthy composer) to create an ossia from a soloist's music to cue the chorus. So I want a way to mark the soloist's stave to prevent it being bracketed as if it were chorus. I have also looked at cue notes and quoting, but I can't see how to make them work as I wish either.

--
Phil Holmes