Re: Music running off the page

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Music running off the page
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 17:25:32 -0600

On 6/19/11 4:18 PM, "Michael Dykes" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have an attached piece of music, and some of the measures are, for lack of a
> better term, running off the page. Any help will be appreciated.

I haven't read your .ly file, but whenever measures run off a page, it
generally means that not all the staves have the same rhythm, so there's no
place for lilypond to break a line (at a measure break).  Typically what
will happen is an 8th or 16th note is left out of a measure.

You can usually find these problems easily with bar checks.

HTH,

Carl