Re: Texinfo manual.

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Texinfo manual.
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 11:22:40 +0100

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 06:18:04AM +0200, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > But this path wasn't valid. The index.html file was actually
> > installed to
> >
> > file:///usr/local/lilypond/usr/share/doc/lilypond/html/offline-root/index.html
>
> Ouch.  Why not the canonical location
>
>   file:///usr/local/share/doc/lilypond/...     ?
>
> This looks completely broken.

LilyPond installs everything into @prefix@/lilypond/.  We add
symlinks to @prefix@/bin/lilypond and the like, so most people
don't notice.  My best guess is that this makes it easier to deal
with the osx app format and/or mingw progra~1 ?  but that's a
complete guess.  In keeping with that, I suppose that we could
make the --doc add such a symlink.

Anybody interested in poking at the installation scripts is of
course welcome to do so, but it won't be pretty.

Cheers,
- Graham