Re: Lilypond making my Macbook Pro run slow

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: Lilypond making my Macbook Pro run slow
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 11:56:52 -0500

You can check on this by using the Activity Monitor (in the Finder, Go menu >
Utilities > Activity Monitor).  If you sort alphabetically you can easily find
Lilypond and see whether it is demanding a lot of CPU cycles, hogging memory
and/or spawning a lot of subprocesses that are slowing things down.

There's no reason to keep Lilypond open, however, unless you are using the
built-in text editor and there are frankly much better options for writing .ly
files (Smultron, Fraise, Emacs, etc.).

Tim