RE: Lilypond making my Macbook Pro run slow

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: Lilypond making my Macbook Pro run slow
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 17:18:01 +0000

Hello,

)-----Original Message-----
)From: address@hidden
)[mailto:address@hidden On
)Behalf Of Nick
)Sent: 05 July 2011 15:28
)To: address@hidden
)Subject: Lilypond making my Macbook Pro run slow
)
)Hello.
)
)I'm new to Lilypond and going through the tutorial right now.
)One thing I'm noticing is that whenever Lilypond is open (even just sitting
)idly in the background), my computer runs noticeably slower. It's a new
)MacBook Pro, 8 gigs of RAM.
)It can run Logic, Sibelius, many tabs of Chrome, Mail, etc. etc. without
)slowing down at all, so I'm wondering what Lilypond is doing that's so
)memory intensive and how I can fix it. The Lilypond I downloaded is
)2.15.4. Any ideas?
)
[James' reply:]
I assume you are using the inbuilt editor (LilyPad) that comes with the
software (as opposed to the text editor?).

I suggest if you open Activity Monitor and then see exactly what LilyPond (or
LilyPad as this editor is called) is actually using.

I'd been using 2.15.1-3 on my 4 GB iMac (2nd gen) with no noticeable issues.

James