Re: trying to change tie-configuration

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: trying to change tie-configuration
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 11:53:59 +0200

2011/8/5 Stefan Thomas <address@hidden>:
> Dear community,
> I try to change the configuration of ties.
> If read in lilypond snippet repository that
>
>> Ties may be engraved manually by changing the tie-configuration property
>> of the TieColumn object. The first number indicates the distance from the
>> center of the staff in staff-spaces, and the second number indicates the
>> direction (1 = up, -1 = down).
>
> So far anything is clear, but I have no idea what the other numbers will do.
> What I actually would like to do is to change the shape of the tie "slur".

It's not possible using tie-configutarion, you need to override tie
control-points.  Look for advanced tweaks and modifying shapes in NR
5.
BTW, the above description of tie-configuration is wrong:  The first
number indicates the distance from the center of the staff in *half*
staff-spaces.

HTH,
Janek