Re: Is "short-indent" resettable? (formerly "How Force a Brace?")

From: PMA
Subject: Re: Is "short-indent" resettable? (formerly "How Force a Brace?")
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 08:50:28 -0400

harm6 wrote:
I'm not aware of any possibility to \once\override short-indent or to repeat
the SystemStartDelimiter in the middle of a line or something else, to do
what you intend.

But to force a brace, I created a workaround adding a brace to a barline,
with the possibility to stretch it over the whole score.

I wasn't able to catch the actual extent of the score, so you have to tune
manually.
Perhaps someone else could do so?

\version "2.14.2"

Hi Harm!

Good grief, man, all your work. And that 2nd test brace is just what I need!

I've always wished that publishers would format music (solo scores anyway)
according to its measure groupings -- i.e., lay it out like poetry, for the same
reason.

Well o'course they won't.  But now with this generous setup of yours, I can.

Thanks a bunch!
Pete