Re: New LilyPond tutorial

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: New LilyPond tutorial
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 11:19:19 +0200

Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

> OTOH I don't think there is any problem with the mere existence of
> non-free documentation.

Correct.  The actual problem is the non-existence of free documentation,
and creating references to non-free documentation is a disincentive to
changing that.

I am glad that you see this similarly, since "rebasing" your work on
free material might be less work than rewriting it from scratch.

> And one of my intentions was to provide online material that probably
> will be exposed to search engines and opens an additional path to find
> LilyPond resources.

Note that this direction is of course open to you already.  I would just
be unhappy about having Lilypond sites point back to non-free material.

--
David Kastrup