Re: ubuntu lyx lilypond latex

From: Ben Luo
Subject: Re: ubuntu lyx lilypond latex
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 11:09:52 +0800

On 13/09/2011 07:02, Pablo Zumarán wrote:
I need some basic help will lilypond-latex installation.

I want to use Ubuntu exclusively to write a musicological book with
lilypond+LyX.

To get rid of some rubbish that was stalling my system, I reinstalled Ubuntu
from zero; then I installed LyX and "A decent selection of the TeX Live
packages". I also have lilypond in my usr/bin.

In LyX, when I go to Document>Settings>Modules and try to insert the
lilypond-book module, I get a message saying:

"Package not available: The module lilypond requires a package that is not
available in your LaTeX installation, or a converter that you have not
installed. (...) Missing prerequisites: lilypond-book->latex."

What do I have to install now? Where do I get it?

Thank you.

I don't think LyX is a good choice. Just learn a very little about TeX, you will finish your work with any editor. For me, it's emacs.

TeX is for what you think is what you get. NOT what you look is what you get. LyX is a wrong direction from my point of view.