Re: High-level users?

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: High-level users?
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 15:24:18 +0200

2011/9/24 address@hidden <address@hidden>:
> On Sep 23, 2011, at 9:38 PM, Seth Williamson wrote:
>> Somebody said there have been 2 million downloads of MuseScore.  Does
>> anybody know if MuseScore is gaining many former LilyPond adherents?  I know
>> for a fact that my girlfriend definitely prefers it.
>
> I would not be surprised if MuseScore's usage has already eclipsed that of
> LilyPond and if some LilyPond users move over to MuseScore.

For what it's worth, i really *really* think that LilyPond and
MuseScore should be integrated.  LilyPond does better job than
MuseScore when we compare default engraving, but GUI is invaluable in
some areas, and some users won't even try to use a tool without GUI
(and while we can pity them, it'd be better to do something about it).
I have some thoughts on how this integration should look like - if
there are people interested in integrating Lily and MuseScore, i can
elaborate.

cheers,
Janek