Re: center NoteColumn

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: center NoteColumn
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 01:50:09 +0100

Hi David,

2011/12/9 David Nalesnik <address@hidden>:
> Hi Harm,
>
> I've taken a look at your calculations and I think I've found a more
> straightforward way to determine the offsets for each of the elements.
> Rather than centering each element first, then moving it with an additional
> offset as you do, why not simply move everything from its _original_
> position by the same amount you move the note column?   That way the
> relationships are preserved, and you don't have to "reinvent the wheel" to
> arrive at the right configuration of note-heads, dots, and accidentals
> again.

this is great !! And I was not a little but a big blockhead.;)

> The results look fine to me, except for the arpeggio of course.  I don't
> know what the problem is here.

The arpeggio seems to belong to the NoteColumn (with "2.15.x"),
although the IR speaks only about Stems and NoteHeads . This means
that a chord with an arpeggio has a bigger extent (and length) and is
selected when passing the condition of dir-correction as being greater
than one-note-head-length.
It's of course possible to change the condition, but I'm not sure,
perhaps it's a bug. Did you notice
http://old.nabble.com/bug-or-feature-with-the-extent-of-NoteColumn-with-%222.15.20%22---td32935365.html
where I ask about it (so far without answer)?

Many, many thanks!!
  Harm