Re: position of dots

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: position of dots
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 05:07:44 +0000 (UTC)

Werner LEMBERG <wl <at> gnu.org> writes:

> > Moving the engraver to the voice context gives rise to a new set of
> > problems:
>
> This looks like a plain bug to me which has been hidden up to now.

The dot-note collision is probably a bug that can probably be fixed.

There can also be dot-dot collisions, though, if we move that engraver
and have dots line-up individually for each voice.

When chords mesh,
LilyPond currently places the dot on the g' higher than she would if
the other dots weren't there.  If the dots are set independently for
each voice, we would need to teach LilyPond how to handle this case.