Re: caesura but not as a breath mark

From: Hans Aikema
Subject: Re: caesura but not as a breath mark
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 23:05:21 +0100

On 13-1-2012 21:39, Tim Reeves wrote:
Hi,

How can I put in "railroad tracks" / caesura in the middle of the staff?
The only example I can find in the documentation has it as a breath mark,
so it's at the top of the staff.
I want it vertically centered on the staff.
Tim,

To align the caesura in the middle of the staff all you need to do in addition to the LSR-snippet you mentioned is to override the Y-offset of the breath mark:

\relative c'' {
  \override BreathingSign #'text = \markup {
    \musicglyph #"scripts.caesura.straight"
  }
  \override BreathingSign #'Y-offset = #0
  c8 e4. \breathe g8. e16 c4