Re: Multiple notes over same lyric

From: Christopher R. Maden
Subject: Re: Multiple notes over same lyric
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 22:17:35 -0500

On 01/30/2012 09:28 PM, mdspencer wrote:
> I have tried many of the examples from the lilypond manuals
> (different lyric entry modes, associated voices, using slurs, manual
> lyric durations, etc.) with no luck. Am I missing something simple
> here? Any ideas?

The problem is not with aligning the lyrics, it’s with getting the
noteheads to be so close together.  Since there is a slur between the
notes, the lyrics ought to align correctly using associated voices, but
you’ll need to tweak the notehead placement.

~Chris
“Be wary of great leaders.  Hope that there are many, many small
 leaders.” — Pete Seeger