Re: Extending bar line across ungrouped staves

From: -Eluze
Subject: Re: Extending bar line across ungrouped staves
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 14:50:29 -0800 (PST)

lilypond-7 wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 11:55:24PM -0800, -Eluze wrote:
>>
>> the simultaneity signs in the StaffGroup are missing - try this:
>>
>> \new StaffGroup <<
>>   \relative c' {
>>     e1
>>     e1
>>     <<
>>       { < b d g>1\fermata }
>>       \new Staff {
>>         \override Staff.TimeSignature #'stencil = ##f
>>         \clef bass
>>         <g,>1\fermata
>>       }
>>     >>
>>     \bar "|."
>>   } % relative
>
> Excellent!  Thank you very much.

glad I could help - maybe I should have added - for the case you would carry
on the first staff - it is better to create a new \relative section in order
not to contaminate the continuation of the first with the pitches of the
temporarily added pitches:

\new StaffGroup {
  \new Staff \relative {
    e1
    e1
    <<
      < b d g>1\fermata
      \new Staff \with { \override TimeSignature #'stencil = ##f }
        \relative {         % this is the new relative section
        \clef bass
        <g,>1\fermata
      }

    \bar "||"
    e1                      % this now refers to the last relative pitch in
the first staff

Eluze