Re: New LilyPond scores -- video editing software

From: PMA
Subject: Re: New LilyPond scores -- video editing software
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 11:58:05 -0400

Hi List.

I'm planning similar YouTube entries, i.e., music
performances sync'd with their score-page turns.

But this will be a first for me, and I see a hefty
bunch of (Linux) softwares for video editing.

If any of you has a favorite among those options
(or among how-to docs), I'd appreciate hearing.

Thanks,
Pete

address@hidden wrote:
Hey all,

I'm working on a project to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Debussy
études by writing a series of 12 companion pieces - one per étude.  My ensemble
has recorded two of them and I've put them on YouTube w/ a video that moves
through the LilyPond score in real time.

You can check it out via our website: http://www.ensemble101.fr.

The .ly files are freely available for those who want them (I'd have to do some
cleanup first, tho!) and they're all under the Creative Commons license.

Happy listening!
~Mike