Re: Appreciation / Financial support

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Appreciation / Financial support
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 21:26:59 +0200

Hannes Kuhnert <address@hidden> writes:

> Tim McNamara schrieb:
>> Sending money directly to developers instead of to a central Lilypond
>> account cuts a lot of costs and eliminates much of the need for
>> organizational bureaucracy (e.g., an accounting department).
>
> On the other hand donations to a non-profit organisation would give
> the contributor a benefit on income tax (think as higher donations at
> same effort).

Definitely.  But setting up and maintaining the status of a non-profit
organisation is taking serious effort.  And it would be rather tricky
for me to participate in the board of such an organisation since I would
be set to profit from the board's decisions.

I am checking out the options I have as a private person, but I am not
exactly optimistic here.

--
David Kastrup