Re: how to underline or italic a single word in lyric?

From: Jakub Pavlík
Subject: Re: how to underline or italic a single word in lyric?
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 14:39:01 +0200

2012/6/1 <address@hidden>

Hi- please direct me to......

I can't find how to underline a single word in the lyrics

I'd settle for italic if that's the only possibility but I couldn't find either in manual or repository.

using stable version

thanks

jay

Maybe one more hint may be useful: when you need to change formatting of a word of multiple syllables, you would have to make a new markup for each syllable, which is (at least for me) pretty annoying.
Then you can override the formatting, possibly using handy variables:

ion = { \override LyricText #'font-shape = #'italic } % italic on

ioff = { \revert LyricText #'font-shape } % italic off

\score {

\relative c'' {

g4 a c c c c c c c c c

}

\addlyrics {

Všech -- ny \ion ná -- ro -- dy, \ioff tles -- kej -- te ru -- ka -- ma,_*

}

Greetings, Jakub