Re: Appreciation / Financial support

From: Jonathan Wilkes
Subject: Re: Appreciation / Financial support
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 22:49:36 -0700 (PDT)

>Message: 7

>Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 21:21:08 -0500
>From: Ivan Kuznetsov <address@hidden>
>To: Tim McNamara <address@hidden>
>Cc: lilypond-user Users <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: Appreciation / Financial support
>
>Music notation is complex.  Any ASCII representation of
>music notation likewise has to be complex.
>Any simplification of lilypond syntax must mean a removal
>of features.
>
>The only other alternative is to use a WYSIWYG
>editor where you "draw" the musical notation you
>want, and good luck waiting for an flexible open-source
>version of such a program with quality output.

See Musescore.  It uses Lilypond's Feta Font and has the

look and feel of Sibelius.

>Or maybe Frescobaldi will someday evolve to something
>like this, I have yet to investigate the interface.

I think if Lilypondtool or Frescobaldi would allow you to

click-drag some of the grobs like dynamics and markup in the

preview pdf and automatically insert code to make the tweak,

that would be huge.  (Plus maybe some way to click-drag an

entire system to tweak vertical spacing, though after looking

at the notation manual I have no idea how that could be

achieved.)

-Jonathan