Re: transcribe notes

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: transcribe notes
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 23:35:47 +0200

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 10:58 PM, Philip Thomas
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I'll look at the CG. But would an expanded cheatsheet would be useful?

You tell me :)
I suppose that it will be, but i'm not using it for some time, so i'm
not the best guy to judge.

> And is it the kind of thing that a comparative beginner would be likely to be
> able to make a useful contribution on?

On the technical level, this is a very good opportunity (i mean that
it's a lot easier to make a doc improvement than fix a bug or add a
new feature).
Concerning the content (i.e. "can you write something meaningful?"), i
think it should be fine, too.  After all, you know better than me what
is needed in this cheat sheet, since you are using it :)
Don't be afraid to try.  Contributing to LilyPond (both changing the
docs and the program itself) isn't reserved for some elite
programmers, we aren't religious about it.  Anyone can do it (if he's
patient enough to handle the administrative process).

> Yeah, I do get headaches using LilyPond -- but not "all the time" :)

Oh, i get some headaches, too :)  But i'm not struggling with the very
idea of text input, commands and variables.

cheers,
Janek