Re: utility to create files for a score or book

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: utility to create files for a score or book
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 23:32:08 +0200

On 20 juin 2012, at 22:10, -Eluze wrote:

utility to create files for a score or book

I'd like to typeset a piece with 6 parts for 2 guitars - each guitar can
have 3 voices with left/right hand fingerings, dynamics and maybe more (eg.
string indications) which I'm used to write in separate files.

this requires a lot of files:  6 x 2 x 3 x ~4 =  144
or (without fingerings and similar):  6 x 2 x 3 =  36

then  of course it would be nice to be able to print each part for each
guitar separately or for both. this also requires a few files to include the
corresponding parts.

now my question: does anybody know a tool/utility which would create all
these files and maybe even write the corresponding code into them.

if not - what programming language would be useful?

thanks for any hints!

Eluze

Have you checked out Abjad?

http://packages.python.org/Abjad/