Re: Sibelius Software UK office shuts down

From: martinwguy
Subject: Re: Sibelius Software UK office shuts down
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 02:48:02 +0200

On 8 August 2012 15:02, Joseph Rushton Wakeling
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On 08/08/12 12:21, martinwguy wrote:
> And if Avid is not willing to sell Sibelius back to
> the original owners, for money, how much less willing are they going to be
> to open source it?

Well, you know what the name "Avid" suggests? ;-) But that doesn't
necessarily mean that they would profit less or more from taking the
OS step. However, it might require an enlightening dream in the
copyright owners :)

In the meantime, our strategy as lilypond etc users, as well as for
the Sibelius community, seems to be to interpret their compressed file
formats and implement a better free alternative, the same as
OpenOffice/LibreOffice have.

And hope for the best... :)