Re: Question about Lilypond

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: Question about Lilypond
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 19:40:56 -0600

On 12-08-26 05:50 AM, stefano cucuzzella wrote:
Hello,

I had a question about Lilypond, it seems like this kind of command        # (override-auto-beam-setting '(end * * * *) 1 4)        doesn´t work anymore, and the program reads it as mistake. Is there something new in the new version that does the same job?
Many thanks,

Stefano

Without pretending to have much grasp of tweaks and overrides, Stefano, I'm forwarding this to the user list, and perhaps http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/the-override-command might help.  You don't say which version of lilypond you are using, and there has been a lot of new work done on commands such as the one in your question.  Certainly, if you are still on 2.12, it would be well worth the effort to update to 2.16 which is the newest stable release.  If you do update your lilypond, be sure to run convert-ly on your existing scores!  Frescobaldi, which is my lilypond editor of choice both on Windows and Linux, has convert-ly built in, so the process is very simple.

Cheers,
Colin

--
I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands.
You need to be able to throw something back.