Re: lilypondfile

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: lilypondfile
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 02:36:51 +0200

On 2012-08-28 02:12, pabuhr wrote:
Is there a way to generate an eps file directly as for a ps file? I need the
bounding box to include the exact output into latex (I'm not using pdflatex).
I tried manually converting the ps to eps: ps2pdf generates a file that is
unusable (go figure), and "convert" generates a low quality image (maybe one of
the many parameters can fix this). Using command-line option "backend=eps" does
generate a eps file but it's not the same as the original because it is for
lilypond-book

I see no reason why there should be a difference. the eps backend is used by lilypond-book, but it should be usable on its own, too.

lilypond -dbackend=eps file.ly

should generate the exact same layout as the pdf file (except that the output is cropped). In fact, lilypond first does the whole layout and only then generates the output file (ps/pdf, eps, png, svg, ...) from the final layout.

(and it generates a lot of extra files).

lilypond -dhelp

shows that there is an aux-files=#f option to lilypond:

lilypond -dbackend=eps -daux-files=#f file.ly

should be what you are after...

Cheers,
Reinhold

Reinhold Kainhofer, address@hidden, http://www.kainhofer.com