Re: Adding a clef mid-measure

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Adding a clef mid-measure
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 09:07:59 +0100

soundsfromsound <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> One last question for tonight please.  I'm having trouble figuring out how
> to insert a treble clef mid-measure.  I keep getting an error message when I
> try to insert the "\clef treble", but it works when I put it at the start of
> the measure (though that's not what I'm after).
>
> Please see attached for the location of the clef and to see what I am trying
> to accomplish.
>
> If you're curious what the code is that I'm using it's:
>
> <a' e'>2. ~ ~  8. [ fis''32 <c' d>32 ~ ] ~ \break | % 27

Interesting.  The % 27 looks like this is a copy&paste job, but this is
not legitimate LilyPond code.

You are overdoing it a bit with ~ here (you don't need more than one in
a row), and there must be some note or chord before the 8. or you'll get
an error (or you are using some future version of LilyPond where
durations can be used stand-alone, likely 2.17.35 or something).

--
David Kastrup