Re: convert-ly 2.17.6 does nothing

From: Wim van Dommelen
Subject: Re: convert-ly 2.17.6 does nothing
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 14:32:54 +0100

(Sorry for the late response, your email was unfortunately caught by my junk-email detector....)

Hi Joram,

Frescobaldi sure can execute the program executable files from any of the locations. If you go to the configure menu and look into the section of configuring Lilypond you will see there is a possibility to set the locations of the executables (of lilypond, convert-ly and lilypond-book). Test it by putting in something else (try /usr/bin/ddate or /usr/bin/less, or any other harmless command, remember what you do so you can revert it). In the conversation window in Frescobaldi you will then probably see an error-message associated with the command. That proves it executed another executable.

Be aware if you specify more then one version of Lilypond here, Frescobaldi will notice and search for an matching executable. Guard the version numbers reported to be sure. Your conclusion is definitely wrong, I repeat: check the paths!

Regards,
Wim.